Friday, July 1, 2011

Entry one :

So I have decided to go ahead with this blog-after much delay and hesitation. I often consider the problem-would I have enough time to write amidst all the things I am rushing to do? There would be some great material to write about-and that is all because of this unique time we are in. We as a country, as a society, as a species are in a very unique moment in the history of this planet. The things that are about to come will more than suffice for things to write about-and they will probably be too much that they will devour all of us and none of us will have time for such activities such as updating a blog.

These last few months, and intense weeks, I have been buying a lot of preps. These are my preparations for my family in the event of hyperinflation. These are very specific items and supplies for this concern. Everywhere you look the signs are there-but somehow I can't explain them well to my folks and the other normal minded people.

Take for example, my parents have some cash saved for a rainy day and I have opened up the idea of saving some of their money in a foreign currency-mainly to shield them from any devaluation of the US dollar. In my novice understanding, I was thinking that the Canadian dollar would do well. They have not had a major financial failure, their banking system WORKS far better than ours. Plus they are just a few hours away from where we live here in New York city. They later on told me that they were not worried about it as their financial advisors in the company had very good forecasts for the country's economy. Said gold would go down real soon as well. These advisors are from wall street. They rely on the very same system that would benefit from the continuance of the current messed up system. Of course they'd say the future is full of sunshine. In my family I am the man who cries wolf over and over.

I say the economy is still unsafe. We here in America are still insensitive to it because we listen to our own news and reports. But take into consideration the life changing events transpiring in some of the poorer nations.Revolts in several countries have been the trend in recent months-and some are still ongoing. These countries have tolerated their dictators for decades, but only now do they finally rise up. Why? Because they could no longer put bread on the table. That is the final straw for most people. They can tolerate dictatorship for as long as they have food for their families-but with hyperinflation restricting access to food the people reach their limits. Who can say that we are immune to such a reaction?

Oh and by the way as I write this, it is the first of July. The Federal government will now require you to report your financial assets overseas on any accounts which collectively reach $10,000. The form is called FBAR for Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts. Pretty sneaky way to enforce a law that lets them track where the money goes. Also, a bigger issue whose effects we have to watch out for-the last round of Federal printed has just run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment